February 15, 2007

GIRL FROM IPANEMA

Frank Sinatra
Writer(s): jobim/gimbel/demoraes
 
Intro: FM7 - F#M7  2x
 
FM7
Tall and tan and young and lovely
     G7
The girl from ipanema goes walking
    Gm                   F#M7            FM7       F#M7
And when she passes, each one she passes goes - ah
 
FM7
When she walks, shes like a samba
      G7
That swings so cool and sways so gentle
      Gm                  F#M7             FM7
That when she passes, each one she passes goes - ooh
 
F#M7                      B9
(ooh) but I watch her so sadly
F#m7                  D9
How can I tell her I love her
Gm7                       Eb9
Yes I would give my heart gladly
         Am7                        D7-9
But each day, when she walks to the sea
     Gm7                         C7-9
She looks straight ahead, not at me
 
FM7
Tall, (and) tan, (and) young, (and) lovely
     G7
The girl from ipanema goes walking
     Gm                F#M7                   FM7  F#M7 - FM7
And when she passes, I smile - but she doesnt see   (doesnt see)
(she just doesnt see, she never sees me,...)

No comments: